I’ve written this over and over again (enough times to have lost count), and I think it’s pretty safe to say that although I’ve got a million thoughts floating around in one brain related to this one subject, every thought couldn’t be more true. And the subject?
He has many names. Bright eyes, Flowingstardust, my hero, my fighter, my boyfriend…
Ive chosen to keep his name private, but even still, His name alone is enough to bring a smile to my face. Since day one, he has done nothing but try to be the best for me. He makes me laugh with his funny voices, and cry because of the truth his words speak. But most of all he makes me fall in love- over and over again. Bright Eyes has an amazing view of the world. He sees things with keilidescope eyes. The good, the bad, the ugly, the beautiful; he sees it all, and has this poetic way of making anything make sense.
Growing up is tough on all of us, but this man’s past has shaped him into the man he is today, and I couldn’t be more thankful to have him in my life. He has taught me so many things (even if he doesn’t realize it), and it’s safe to say I’m a changed person because of him.
Important Lessons From Bright Eyes:
- Be yourself and the right people will love you. Don’t try to act like someone you aren’t, just so people will like you. When we first met, I was afraid that he would be scared away by how weird I was. But then I saw that were almost exactly alike in that respect, and that
- Turn the other cheek. Walking away from an oppressor will make you the bigger person.
- Don’t get walked on. Walking away is always the best option, but stand up for yourself and those who need the help.
- Learn to love yourself. This one took time for me. You have to be able to accept whatever flaws you have, and be truly happy with who you are.
- Always continue the fight. This one was important for me. Even before he learned of The Continuation Project, He had never stopped telling me to keep going. He saw things in me which I had never seen in myself, and he has always supported me, and told me of the potential he sees in me.
Even though the whole idea of The Coninuation Project was mine, Bright Eyes has helped me continue in more ways then he could even know. Every day of his life he is faced with challenges, and seeing him be strong makes me stronger. Bright Eyes, if you happen to be reading this, thank you for everything you have done for me, and everyone else.
“A name accented with a spark of light”, that’s what he one day called me…